Renishaw Smiths Combined Raman/IR Microprobe
This permits recording of mid-IR and Raman spectra on exactly the same spot using the same instrument system. IR and Raman spectral maps can also be recorded on exactly the same area. Temperature controlled sample cells will permit temperatures to range from 100K to 1500ºC.
Contact: Dr. Barbara Dunlap
Bruker Icon Dimension AFM
The atomic force microscope can provide a high-resolution image of the topography of a sample's surface. Some of the options available are heated transition imaging and liquid imaging.
Contact: Dr. Yehia Khalifa
- See Co. Mössbauer Transmission Spectrometer
- Uses gamma rays to analyze organometallics and ferroproteins
- Tuned to measure nuclear transitions of 57Fe
- Variable temperature system with 3 - 300 K range
- External magnet accessory available (70 mT)
- Compatible with liquids, solids and air-sensitive samples
Contact: Dr. Alicia Friedman