Dr. Alicia Friedman | 085 CBEC | 614-292-9649
Cassidy Creemer, GTA
We train faculty, staff and students to utilize walk-up mass spectrometers for chemical compound identification and/or confirmation. Our facility currently houses:
- Bruker Microflex MALDI (2020)
- Bruker Impact II LC-MS equipped with ESI/APCI sources (2020)
- Bruker MicrOTOF equipped with ESI source (2008)
Using Instruments in the MSF
New users should apply for access by selecting the desired instrument under the CBC-Mass Spectrometry Facility menu on fom.osu.edu. When submitting a request for instrument access, please list days/times you could attend a training session. All users must be trained by MSF staff prior to instrument access.
MSF User Policies
- Users agree to follow ALL lab policies and directions of MSF staff with respect to instrument protocols and laboratory safety. Proper PPE must be worn at all times.
- All instrument time must be reserved/logged via the online FOM calendar. This includes any and all time using the instrument computer for data analysis, etc.
- Users should never attempt to fix instrument issues themselves unless specifically instructed to do so by Dr. Friedman. Immediately contact MSF staff regarding any problems with instruments and/or computers.