Chemical Recycling Program
The Chemical Recycling Program (CRP) resides in Room 1050 McPherson. The hours of operation are: 10 to 10:30AM, Monday-Friday. Schedule changes will be posted on this page.
You cannot take chemicals outside of the department without written permission from your supervisor/PI. Also, you cannot transport hazardous materials using the Campus Area Bus System (CABS).
- Student/Researcher finds a chemical in the CRP using the online search function.
- The Student/Researcher asks the supervisor/PI to request the chemical.
- The Supervisor/PI sends an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the chemical(s) and the name of the student requesting the chemical.
- The Student/Researcher will bring safety glasses, a rubber transport bucket, and their student ID to the CRP (10 to 10:30AM weekdays).
- Don or John will log the student ID and give the chemical to the Student/Researcher.
- The Student/Researcher/Supervisor will add the chemical to their inventory and update the EHS Assist inventory.
- The CRP will not currently accept returns or donations.
- Researchers will no longer be able to search bins for their chemicals while at the CRP to save time. We will handle each customer one at a time and on a first come-first served basis.
Type the name of the material you are looking for and hit "enter" or click the "submit" button.
You can download the entire list by simply clicking HERE.
Approximately 13151 transactions at an average of $69.18 a transaction for a total of $909817.17 recycled!
Name of chemical
Carbon count of chemical