Accident Reporting

Reporting an accident

Faculty, Staff, Post-Docs, Graduate Students, and Other Employees

For incidents that do not involve an injury, such as a chemical spill or a small fire, only the PDF icon Departmental Incident Report Form [pdf] needs to be filled out.

For incidents involving an injury, the Departmental Incident Report form along with the Employee Accident Report [pdf] form need to be completed. See the Safety Coordinator for copies (or Mark Reed if you are in the Physics Department).  

If the injury is minor, you can obtain these forms from the Safety Office to take with you to Employee Health Services. Or, you can fill the EAR form out after you arrive at Employee Health Services.

If the injury requires emergency care, the forms can be filled out as soon as you report back to work.

These reports need to be completed as soon as possible but NOT later than 72 hours after the incident.

For Undergraduate Students (Non-Employees)

Only thePDF icon Departmental Incident Report Form [pdf] needs to be filled out.

OSHA and PERRP Forms

OSHA and PERRP Forms can be found on the Downloads and Forms page.

Safety Incident Form

Email the following form: 180228 - Safety incident form.docx

[pdf]- Some links on this page are to .pdf files.  If you need these files in a more accessible format, please email PDF files require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader software to open them. If you do not have Reader, you may use the following link to Adobe to download it for free at: Adobe Acrobat Reader.