The Chemical Recycling Program is no longer on the department Safety Page. You can now use the ChemInventory system (we are under "Recycling Group").
In order for us to transfer the recycled chemical to your inventory, you will need to give the "Recycling Group" FULL access to your inventory. To do this (once logged in); click on "Group Management" and then under "Inventory Management" click on "Inventory Tools." This will bring up a drop down list...click on "Inventory Sharing." For the Recycling Group, slide the button to "Full" privilege. Click "Save Changes" in the lower right corner.
The procedures for retrieving a chemical have not changed:
The Chemical Recycling Program (CRP) resides in Room 1050 McPherson. The hours of operation are: 10 to 10:30AM, Monday-Friday.
You cannot take chemicals outside of the department without written permission from your supervisor/PI. Also, you cannot transport hazardous materials using the Campus Area Bus System (CABS).
- Student/Researcher finds a chemical in the CRP using the ChemInventory search function(s).
- The Student/Researcher asks the supervisor/PI to request the chemical.
- The Supervisor/PI sends an email to email@example.com with the name of the chemical(s) and the name of the student requesting the chemical.
- The Student/Researcher will bring safety glasses, a rubber transport bucket, and their student ID to the CRP (10 to 10:30AM weekdays).
- Don or John will log the student ID and give the chemical to the Student/Researcher.
- The Student/Researcher/Supervisor will update the EHS Assist inventory as required.
- The CRP will not currently accept returns or donations.
- Researchers will no longer be able to search bins for their chemicals while at the CRP to save time. We will handle each customer one at a time and on a first come-first served basis.
Approximately 13567 transactions at an average of $69.2 a transaction for a total of $938777.37 recycled!