Information for the Chemical Recycling Program
The Chemical Recycling Program is located in 1050 McPherson. The hours of operation is Monday- Friday from 10:00 - 10:30 am by appointment. Please email Don or Amy to request an appointment.
You cannot take any chemicals outside of the department without written permission from your supervisor/PI. Also, you cannot transport hazardous materials using the Campus Area Bus System (CABS).
In order to see the available chemicals in the Chemical Recycling program (CRP), please use the ChemInventory system ( CRP's group name is "Recycling Group").
In order for us to transfer the recycled chemical to your inventory, you will need to give the "Recycling Group" FULL access to your inventory.
- To do this (once logged in); click on "Group Management" and then under "Inventory Management" click on "Inventory Tools."
- This will bring up a drop down list...click on "Inventory Sharing." For the Recycling Group, slide the button to "Full" privilege.
- Click "Save Changes" in the lower right corner.
Procedure for Procuring Chemicals for Research Labs Using the Chemical Recycling Program
- Student/Researcher finds a chemical in the Chemical Recycling Program using the ChemInventory search function(s).
- The Student/Researcher asks the supervisor/PI to request the chemical.
- The Supervisor/PI sends an email to email@example.com with the name of the chemical(s) and the name of the student requesting the chemical.
- The Researcher will request an appointment with Don or Amy to pick up the chemical(s).
- The Student/Researcher will bring safety glasses, a rubber transport bucket, and their BuckID to 1050 MP during their appointment time.
- Don or Amy will log the BuckID and give the chemical to the Researcher.
- The researcher or LSO will update the EHS Assist inventory, as required.
- The CRP does not currently accept returns or donations.
- Researchers will no longer be able to search bins for their chemicals while at the CRP to save time. We will handle each customer one at a time and on an appointment basis
Approximately 13567 transactions at an average of $69.2 a transaction for a total of $938777.37 recycled!