Students planning to graduate should submit an application to graduate via Gradforms.
- Students must select their graduation committee members from their advisory committee members. Please contact Jennifer Hambach if you have questions about your Advisory and/or Dissertation Committee.
- The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry deadline for submitting an Application to Graduate is the second Friday of the semester in which a student intends to graduate (The deadline is January 17th for Spring 2020 traditional or end of semester graduation). This deadline is different from the Graduate School deadline and is necessary to review all applicants and confirm that they meet graduation requirements before approval of the application. Students will also need to complete an exit survey before the application will be approved by the Vice Chair.
- The application must be approved by the Vice Chair and the student’s advisor by the Graduate School deadline of the third Friday of the semester (January 24th for Spring 2020 traditional or end of semester graduation). Once your application has been approved by these two individuals it will appear as Pending* (with asterisk) which is acceptable for the Graduate School deadline.
- Once your application has been reviewed by the Graduate School and approved, it will appear as Approved. This may take a number of weeks as the Graduate School staff have many applications to review.
Dates & Deadlines
- Spring Semester 2020 Graduates: If you are planning to graduate in Spring 2020 according to either traditional (meaning your degree will be conferred at Spring Commencement on May 3, 2020) or end-of-semester deadlines (meaning that your degree will actually be conferred at Summer 2020 commencement), your application to graduate must be submitted via Gradforms by Friday, January 17, 2020. This is the CBC deadline and is different from the Graduate School deadline.
- Applications to graduate must be approved by the advisor and Vice Chair by the Graduate School deadline of Friday, January 24, 2020.
- To graduate on May 3, 2020, oral exams and reports must be completed by April 20, 2020 and thesis and dissertation documents must be completed by April 17, 2020.
- To graduate according to Spring 2020 End-of-Semester (EOS) deadlines: All documentation must be submitted to the Graduate School no later than 4:00 p.m., Tuesday, May 5, 2020. This includes your final oral exam report form, and the dissertation approval form. You will receive your diploma at the summer commencement on Sunday, August 2, 2020.
- All Ph.D. processing fees are automatically added to your student account when you submit your Application to Graduate. This is a one-time fee applied to your account sometime during or around the fourth week of the semester.
- The fee will be carried on the account until the graduation semester, but is due the term that you apply to graduate or your enrollment registration will be locked for the next semester/term.
- Doctoral hoods: students will purchase the doctoral hood directly from the OSU Bookstore at the same time arrangements are made for the tam (cap) and gown. The hoods will still be delivered at commencement and presented to the students as part of the ceremony. Students will pick up the tam and gown before commencement at the OSU Bookstore.
[pdf]- Some links on this page are to .pdf files. If you need these files in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. PDF files require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader software to open them. If you do not have Reader, you may use the following link to Adobe to download it for free at: Adobe Acrobat Reader.