Students planning to graduate should submit an application to graduate via Gradforms.
- Students must select their graduation committee members from their advisory committee members as listed on the CBC student committee spreadsheet.
- The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry deadline for submitting applications is the second Friday of the semester in which a student intends to graduate. This is different from the Graduate School deadline and is necessary to review all applicants and confirm that they meet graduation requirements before approval of the application. Students will also need to complete an exit survey before the application will be approved by the Vice Chair.
- The application must be approved by the Vice Chair and the student’s advisor by the Graduate School deadline of the third Friday of the semester. Once your application has been approved by these two individuals it will appear as Pending* (with asterisk) which is acceptable for the Graduate School deadline.
- Once your application has been reviewed by the Graduate School and approved, it will appear as Approved. This may take a number of weeks as the Graduate School staff have many applications to review.
Dates & Deadlines
- Autumn Semester 2019 Graduates: If you are planning to graduate in autumn semester or according to end-of-semester deadlines (meaning that your degree will actually be conferred at Spring 2020 commencement), your application to graduate must be submitted via Gradforms by Friday, August 30, 2019. This is the CBC deadline and is different from the Graduate School deadline.
- Applications to graduate must be approved by the advisor and Vice Chair by the Graduate School deadline of Friday, September 6, 2019.
- To graduate on December 15, 2019, oral exams must be completed by November 22, 2019 and thesis and dissertation documents must be completed by November 27, 2019.
- To graduate according to Autumn 2019 End-of-Semester (EOS) deadlines: All documentation must be submitted to the Graduate School no later than 4:00 p.m., Friday, January 3, 2020. This includes your final oral exam report form, and the dissertation approval form. You will receive your diploma at the spring commencement on Sunday, May 3, 2020.
- All Ph.D. processing fees are automatically added to your student account when you submit your Application to Graduate. This is a one-time fee applied to your account about the fourth week of the semester.
- The fee will be carried on the account until the graduation semester, but is due the term you apply to graduate or your enrollment registration will be locked for the next semester/term.
- Doctoral hoods: students will purchase the doctoral hood directly from the OSU Bookstore at the same time arrangements are made for the tam (cap) and gown. The hoods will still be delivered at commencement and presented to the students as part of the ceremony. Students will pick up the tam and gown before commencement at the OSU Bookstore.
[pdf]- Some links on this page are to .pdf files. If you need these files in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. PDF files require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader software to open them. If you do not have Reader, you may use the following link to Adobe to download it for free at: Adobe Acrobat Reader.