Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) wants researchers to create the lab's Chemical Hygiene Plan (CHP) through the EHS website.
- Designated Area Sign for Carcinogens [doc]
- Designated Area Sign for Reproductive Toxins [doc]
- Designated Area Sign for Highly Toxic Chemicals [doc]
- Designated Area Sign for Carcinogens, Reproductive Toxins, and Highly Toxic Chemicals [doc]
- Operations Requiring Prior Approval Request Form [doc]
- Job Hazard Assessment Form [doc]
Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
Labs are required to create SOPs to document work with hazardous chemicals (biological, chemical or radiological), operations requiring prior approval, or working with hazardous laboratory equipment/instrumentation. SOP's are required to be laboratory specific and should reflect how the lab is using the chemical(s), equipment, or instrumentation.
EHS has a template available for labs to assist them in making a SOP. I recommend putting the information in a Word Document and copying the material to the template.
CBC Safety Inspections
In addition to yearly EHS inspections and monthly PPE inspections, I will conduct my own safety inspections of each CBC lab.
Information on what will be addressed during the inspection